Sunday, August 28, 2011

Model Power Trackside Mini Station and Star Journal Building

Small town newspaper building
Model Power 1510
Model Power 1510










My mother, Rita Winters, was an editor at the Muncie Star and growing up I delivered its sister paper The Muncie Evening Press. When I saw this small town newspaper building model 25 years ago I had to have it. I still work with newspapers, but the the paper my mother and I worked for looked nothing like this. However when I worked in Louisiana I visited many small papers there were several that looked quite similar to this building. The model has a clock tower, which I didn't add to my version. I've worked in nearly 100 newspaper building and I only recall one, The Salisbury Post, having a clock tower.

Extra parts, and the instructions are included in the original box.


Small Freight Depot
Model Power 1520
One of the worst picture I've posted. Sorry about that.

This was sold as Model Power Number 1520.

This is a cute little freight depot. It comes mounted on a small circle of my original layout from 20+ years ago.

The instructions and extra parts (gutters, downspouts, loading platform for other side, extra fright doors) are in the box for the Star Journal Building above.

It has been in a box with the two other scenery sections from my layout 20 years ago.



To make me an offer, send an e-mail to bikeracephotos@me.com. Ask questions by posting a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment